According to the American Association of Orthodontics, roughly one-third of all American adults are unhappy with their smile. With summer already here and the end of quarantine right around the corner, there is no time like the present to achieve the smile you’ve always wanted. If you are looking to straighten, whiten, or correct imperfections on your teeth, then porcelain veneers in Phillipsburg may be the right option for you.
What Are Veneers?
For decades, veneers have been the secret to many of the celebrity smiles we know and love. With their durability and natural look, many people wonder what they are and how they work. In short, veneers are a cosmetic dentistry option that allows patients to correct chipped, broken, discolored, or misaligned teeth. While traditional veneers simply place a thin covering over the front part of the tooth, porcelain veneers take it a step further. With this type of veneer, a custom-made, thin shell is created to fit on the tooth (like a cap). This provides patients with a strong, long-lasting, virtually stain-free smile that is crafted to perfection.
Who Is a Candidate For Veneers?
With their beautiful results and the ability to correct a multitude of dental issues, it’s not surprising that thousands of new patients each year opt for porcelain veneers. However, it is important to note that there are criteria that need to be met for someone to be considered a candidate for this procedure. Some of these qualifiers include:
- Patients with healthy teeth and gums.
- Patients who don’t clench or grind their teeth.
- Patients looking to correct dental issues like stains and the contour of their teeth.
- Patients who have ample tooth enamel.
- Patients who practice good dental hygiene.
5 Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
Although veneers are widely known for their celebrity-like results, other benefits make them a top choice for patients looking to correct their smiles. Below are five reasons people love porcelain veneers:
- It’s virtually impossible to detect where your natural tooth begins and the veneer ends.
- They are stain-resistant, which allows patients to enjoy some of the finer things in life without worrying about discoloring their teeth (i.e., coffee, soda, wine).
- They require less of your tooth’s structure to be removed in the process.
- They provide instant teeth whitening.
- They can repair chipped, broken, or damaged teeth.
If you have been considering correcting your smile with veneers, then now is the time to do it. This relatively quick and flawless treatment option will have you feeling ready to take on anything the rest of the year has in store!
About DeMartino Dental Group
For over five decades, DeMartino Dental Group has provided world-class family, restorative, cosmetic, and implant dentistry to the people of Phillipsburg. At their state-of-the-art facility, Dr. Jeffrey DeMartino and Dr. Nelida Garcia-DeMartino use their extensive experience to create a treatment plan focused on creating the smile you deserve. If you are considering porcelain veneers, visit their website or give them a call at 908-859-5260.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.